Tuesday, March 8, 2016

FOUND / DELVE

This week thinking about found and delve, I thought I'd dive into the back of my closet and see what I could find. It turns out I didn't have to go that far before remembering my stash of bubble wrap. Why would anyone throw away bubble wrap when it is simultaneously super useful and fun!?!?!

This week I have made another found object collage, starting with bubble wrap, a few other packing materials, and a hint of other clutter I could gather from ledges and drawers around my apartment.



Inside the bubble wrap are objects and snippets found around my apartment. I'll tell you about one. 

When I graduated from high-school my school principal gave each of us a purple crayon. It was a reference to the children's book "Harold and the Purple Crayon". I think it was some kind of comment on drawing (writing) your own destiny. It feels oddly foretelling now that I am studying architecture and get to imagine and draw my own world everyday. For some reason I have kept that purple crayon for almost 10 years and taken it around the globe at least twice. It has been in my pencil box for all that time and every once in a while I see it and think how odd it is that I've kept it for so long and then decide again not to throw it away. 

Bellow I have included a reading of Harold and the Purple Crayon, should you want to know more about the story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment