Sunday, November 6, 2016

Change

In contrast to the United States Canada often seems quaint. Our elections are much shorter, don't involve email hacks or billionaire endorsements, and the head of the Liberal Party, the man who became Prime Minister over a year ago, was my middle school french teacher. As a teacher he was exuberant and easy going and sometimes he would dress up in a full gorilla costume, climb trees, and startle kids on their way to the school cafeteria. I scoured the internet for pictures but couldn't find any. You would think that kind of thing would come out in the media. I am pretty sure there was a photo in my school yearbook, but I haven't gone so far as to call my parents and ask them to go through my boxes in their basement looking for it.


These Instagram videos are the epitome of Canadian-ness, our Prime Minister making the same corny jokes twice, once in English and once in French. 








No comments:

Post a Comment